Vacancy Notice – Interpreter (USL)
DEAF LINK UGANDA (DLU), founded in 2007 has worked with deaf and hard of hearing people since 2007. The organisation would like to announce a volunteer vacant position for a Ugandan Sign Language (USL) Interpreter.
|Position Title:||Interpreter: Ugandan Sign Language|
|Date Posted:||01 January 2019|
|Location:||Ngora, Kumi, Mukura and Bukedea|
|Reports to:||DLU Programmes Officer|
|Schedule:||4 days a month (flexible as required by Programmes Officer)|
- Degree or Diploma in Special Needs Education (Deaf & Hard of Hearing);
- 10 years’ work experience as a Uganda sign language interpreter;
- Excellent communication skills (literacy & numeracy);
- Fluency in English and Ateso Language;
- Teaching background in Deaf Education an advantage;
- Provide sign language interpreting services;
- Provide support in counseling & guidance to deaf beneficiaries and their families;
- Write reports on activities undertaken;
- Provide support in the organisation of DLU Sign Language Workshops.
|Send your application letter|
and Curriculum vitae to:
|Executive Director (DLU)|
|P. O. Box:||16226, Wandegeya – Kampala|
|Telephone:||0771 983 630 or 0756 806 819|
|Application deadline:||21 March 2019|
|NOTE:||I. Applicant must be from the Eastern region of Uganda;|
II. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.