Vacancy Notice – Field Staff
DEAF LINK UGANDA (DLU), founded in 2007 has worked with deaf and hard of hearing people since 2007. The organisation would like to announce a volunteer vacant positions for Field Staff. Only deaf or hard of hearing persons are required to apply for this post.
|Position Title:||Field Staff|
|Date Posted:||01 January 2019|
|Location:||Ngora, Kumi, Mukura and Bukedea|
|Reports to:||Programmes Officer|
|Schedule:||4 days a month (flexible as required by Programmes Officer)|
- Primary, Secondary level education. Vocational level accepted;
- Fluency in Uganda Sign Language;
- Knowledge of the Deaf Community.
- Ability to mobilise deaf people and their families;
- Knowledge of local environment (Ngora, Kumi, Mukura, etc.)
- Good writing skills;
- Willingness to work in remote rural areas;
- Hard working and committed to serving the Deaf Community;
- A strong advocate for deaf persons
- Mobilise young deaf women to become productive members of society;
- Enable deaf people create self-employment;
- Create Self-Help support groups among deaf people in their localities
- Provide any additional support as required by Programmes Officer.
- Provide counseling & guidance to deaf beneficiaries, when needed;
- Write reports (via video) on activities undertaken.
|Send your application letter|
and Curriculum vitae to:
|Executive Director (DLU)|
|P. O. Box:||16226, Wandegeya – Kampala|
|Telephone:||0771 983 630 or 0756 806 819|
|Application deadline:||21 March 2019|
|NOTE:||I. Applicant must be from the Eastern region of Uganda;|
II. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.