Vacancy Notice – Mobiliser
DEAF LINK UGANDA (DLU), founded in 2007 has worked with deaf and hard of hearing people since 2007.
The organisation would like to announce a volunteer vacant positions for a Mobiliser. Only deaf or hard of hearing persons are required to apply for this post.
|Date Posted:||01 January 2019|
|Location:||Ngora, Kumi, Mukura and Bukedea|
|Reports to:||DLU Programmes Officer|
|Schedule:||4 days a month (flexible as required by Programmes Officer)|
- Primary, Secondary level education. Vocational level accepted;
- Articulate and fluent in Uganda Sign Language;
- Knowledge of the Deaf Community;
- A role model within the Deaf Community.
- Ability to mobilise deaf people and their families;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Provide interpreting services for Deaf to Deaf persons;
- Hard working and committed to serving the Deaf Community;
- Mobilise deaf people to strengthen the Deaf Community in Eastern region;
- Inform deaf people about DLU services
- Provide any additional support as required by Programmes Officer.
- Provide counseling & guidance to deaf beneficiaries, when needed;
- Write reports (via video) on activities undertaken.
|Send your application letter|
and Curriculum vitae to:
|Executive Director (DLU)|
|P. O. Box:||16226, Wandegeya – Kampala|
|Telephone:||0771 983 630 or 0756 806 819|
|Application deadline:||21 March 2019|
|NOTE:||I. Applicant must be from the Eastern region of Uganda.|
II. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.